Rental of Facilities Information
American Legion Post 81
1801 W Central
El Dorado, KS 67042
Rental Agreement Form
Event Date: ____________________________
Responsible Party: _______________________
Contact Phone: __________________________
Event Description: ________________________
Event Start: _________ Event Stop: __________
Rental Policies and Procedures
Reservations and Payments:
- Reservations will be made on a first come first serve basis. Reservations will only be confirmed when the written application and half of the rental fee have been returned. A major credit card and a valid driver’s license are required at time of reservation for the facility and key deposit. Balance of rental is required 2 weeks prior to event.
- Payments can be made with cash, check, or credit card. Checks must be written to American Legion Post 81.
- Rental fees will be bases on the following.
Per Day Member Non Member
Bartender$10 an hour + (1 hour set up and
1 hour tear down)
Cash Bar Only____________(Initial)
- Cancellations must be given 2 weeks prior to scheduled event. NO refunds will be remitted if the cancellation is less than 2 weeks regardless of amount paid. If the cancellation is due to a medical emergency or death a written notice is required and will be at management’s discretion.
- The key can be picked up one day prior to the event. The client is welcome to use the venue one day prior to the event to decorate. However times must be approved by management staff, sensitive to all other events that may be occurring. _________________(initial)
- Hazardous Weather: For the safety of all involved, should hazardous weather occur, such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, or warnings the Post reserves the right to mandate taking shelter, stop alcoholic dispensing and require entertainment to switch to acoustic until hazardous weather is no longer a threat. In the event hazardous weather requires the evacuation of the property for the safety of the guests. The event will be terminated and guests will be required to vacate the premises. In the above cases, Post 81 will make regular announcements to keep guests informed of the situation as well as steps needed to be taken to ensure their safety._____________________(initial)
The rental of American Legion Post 81 Ballroom facility is subject to the following previsions:
- The use of the facility must be confined to the event description above.
- The Lessee signing the agreement for the use of the facility will be responsible for all persons entering the facility which they are using regardless of whether or not all those entering are event participants or not that are using the facility. Only the specific section of the facility mentioned in the agreement is to be used by the group.
- All groups must observe all Post regulations in the rental facility.
- Any and all events with minors in attendance must provide adequate supervision for all underage attendees. The Post reserves the right to refuse use of the facility by any group not in compliance with this regulation, if they feel it is the Posts best interest.
- The Lessee is responsible to leave the facility in the same condition as it was found. This includes removal of all trash to outside dumpsters, wiping down tables and chairs, sweeping floors and cleaning kitchen.
- Lessee is responsible for the cleaning up of excessive spills or accidents. ( cleaning materials provided.)
- The rental fee must be paid in advance of the event to the American Legion Post 81. Failure to pay the rental fee will be reason enough to deny the use if the facility by the group or organization.
- The Post will inspect the premises to its satisfaction after the lessees use. Any damage or excessive cleanup needs noted by the inspector will result in a charge to the credit card on file. The lessee shall be notified of the additional fee to be assessed to the card. It is the responsibility of the lessee to ensure proper cleanup. In the event of no detected damage or excessive cleanup, the credit card and license information on file will be securely shredded at no expense to lessee.
- An entrance key is available for the upstairs Ballroom at American Legion Post 81. When the event is over, cleanup has taken place, lights are off and doors are locked leave key on the bar window at the door. Failure to return the facility key will result in a $500 replacement charge to the credit card on file._______(initial)
- The following policies apply to all decorations.
- No nails or items that will cause damage to walls.
- Glitter and confetti may be used but it goes without saying that the cleanup of facility should include such cleanup.
- Please leave any and all of American Legion Post 81 decorations as they are.
- Tables and chairs are available for the event. The lessee is responsible for setting up and taking down tables and chairs. They can also be used on the balcony. Failure to comply with any of the aforementioned rules will result in a loss of all facility usage privileges.
- The American Legion Post 81 cannot be responsible for accident, injury, or loss/damage of personal property.
- Rules and regulations are subject to change at the Posts discretion.
- The fire department/law enforcement have the right to walk through the building at any point to check the occupancy and secure compliance with the codes. Room capacity is 135 persons.
- While we allow bands, DJs, and other musical entertainment in the venue, all music entertainment must end at 1:00 A.M.
- We have an elevator available if needed.
- There is to be NO beverages brought into the venue. The American Legion Post 81 is capable of meeting the needs of any and all events needing alcoholic or nonalcoholic beverages. Tea, coffee, water, and soda can be provided at an additional cost if needed. Punches, champagne, and/or any other special drinks can be discussed with the canteen manager. Any persons found bringing in beverages will be required to vacate the premises immediately and not allowed to return to event.
- There is a designated area for any and all beverages. No one is allowed to transfer beverages down the balcony stairs into the parking area. Anyone found doing so will be required to vacate premises immediately. Any type of drink tampering will cause event to be terminated and deposit forfeited. All drinks must be removed by 1:30 A.M.________________(initial)
Hold Harmless Agreement
The Lessee as well as their representative organization or group agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the American Legion Post 81, its officers, employees, and agents, from any and all claims for injury to person (including death) or property arising out of or in any way connected to its/ours use of the rented Ballroom, space except to the extent any such claims may arise from any act or omission of the American Legion Post 81.________________(Initial)
I have read the procedures for the rental of the American Legion Post 81 Ballroom and agree to abide by the regulations set forth by the American Legion Post 81. I assume responsibility for any and all damages that might occur during my use of the facility.
Name of Responsible Party: ____________________________________________________
Signature of Responsible Party:__________________________________________________